What I provide…
- Individual therapy for diverse issues such as trauma/PTSD, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. In our work I can help you re-connect to your body and re-gain a sense of peace and calm
- Somatic work using Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises to help you process overwhelming experiences and let go of stress, anxiety and shame that is trapped in your nervous system
- Parenting help including attachment based work with families to help increase positive feelings and reduce tension and conflict
- Emotion focused intimate relationship therapy to help increase passion, sensuality and feelings of mutual compassion and support
- A warm, person centered approach. I take the time to get to know each client as a complex person with unique needs
- An anti-oppressive and social justice framework. I work to be inclusive to a diverse range of marginalized identities who may be reluctant to participate in therapy due to past negative experiences
- I am aware of and friendly to queer, kinky, non monogamous and otherwise non traditional relationships
More About My Practice and Philosophy…
Would you like to feel at home in your body? Experience harmony with your nervous system? Feel fully integrated and wholly you?
I believe the root cause of many mental and physical health problems lie in chronic disregulation of the nervous system, and that the most powerful solutions already live inside our bodies, waiting to be accessed.
I provide somatic mental health therapy techniques to increase body awareness and self regulation of the nervous system. These include cognitive skill building, mindfulness and visualization exercises, art, emotion and attachment based work, family and inter-generational trauma based perspectives. I am also a certified TRE (Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises) provider.
A well-regulated nervous system allows us to interact in the world in a grounded, connected, and authentic manner. We can experience stressful emotions without being overwhelmed. We can maintain healthy boundaries and positive attachments. Our bodies already contain this knowledge- we can learn to tune in and listen!
Healing is possible. In fact, our bodies often demand we heal by producing frustrating and seemingly inexplicable symptoms. We can find ways to work with the body’s natural healing capacities. Our work together is fully defined by you; I am simply a guide to keep you on a helpful path. We can progress slow or fast. We can verbally process your problems or find non-verbal ways to express them.
There are no hard rules to your healing: my only goal is to help you find the path that will fit best for you and your life.