What I provide…
- I provide somatic mental health therapy and holistic health coaching to increase nervous system health.
- Why nervous system health? Our nervous system is the foundation of our mind and body connection. When our nervous system is disregulated, it can manifest in PTSD, chronic fatigue, food cravings, emotional distress, anxiety, depression, brain fog, difficulty focusing, and a host of other nagging health issues. In our work I can help you re-connect to your body and re-gain a sense of peace and calm.
- I consider the WHOLE BODY in our work. I am informed by principles of ancestral nutrition, non toxic lifestyle, Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises, polyvagal theory, mindfulness and visualization, and other important daily practices which together can give you the building blocks to help your body let go of stress, anxiety and shame that is trapped in your nervous system.
- I believe deeply in bio-individuality. That is, no two people are exactly alike and the same tools will not work for everyone. Whether we are working on nutritional recommendations, daily routine changes, or stress management skills, I take the time to get to know each client as a complex person with unique needs.
- I work to be inclusive to a diverse range of marginalized identities who may be reluctant to participate in therapy or health coaching due to past negative experiences. I try to be aware of how experiences of systemic oppression may influence our work together. Racism, fatphobia, transphobia, and other social issues are all important factors in addressing your personal health and wellness journey.
More About My Practice and Philosophy…
Would you like to feel at home in your body? Better navigate the stresses and traumas of life? Feel wholly and authentically YOU?
I believe the root cause of many mental health problems relate to chronic disregulation of the nervous system. The food we eat, the products we put on our bodies, the relationships we are in, the way we schedule our days and how we process emotions can all contribute to nervous system disregulation.
I can help you re-regulate.
A well regulated nervous system allows us to interact in the world in a grounded and authentic manner. We can feel energetic, calm and motivated. We can experience stressful emotions without being overwhelmed. We can enjoy nourishing foods without distressing cravings. We can maintain healthy boundaries and positive relationships. Our bodies already contain this knowledge- we can establish sustainable lifestyle practices that help us learn to listen!
Healing is possible. In fact, our bodies often demand we heal by producing frustrating and seemingly inexplicable symptoms. We can find ways to work with the body’s natural healing capacities. Our work together is fully defined by you; I am simply a guide to keep you on a helpful path.
There are no hard rules to your healing: my only goal is to help you find the path that will fit best for you and your life.