What I provide…
Let’s reset your nervous system.
I help people heal their nervous systems. Why focus on nervous system health? Our nervous system is the foundation of our well being. When our nervous system is disregulated, it can manifest in mental health disturbances, unresolved PTSD, chronic fatigue, food cravings, digestive discomfort, autoimmune disease, anxiety, depression, brain fog, difficulty focusing, chronic pain, neurological issues, child aggression and behavioral issues, and a host of other nagging health issues. In our work I can help you re-connect to your body and re-gain a sense of peace and calm.
Your nervous system is the great conductor of your mind body connection. My unique blend of holistic counseling will help you re regulate a chronically stressed and overloaded nervous system.
- Factors affecting the nervous system that we can address:
-Blood sugar regulation
-Emotion and trauma release
-Other lifestyle practices to improve nervous system health
- I believe in building a lifestyle as close in line to our ancestral heritage as possible. My focus is to help you create an environment in which your nervous system can feel safe, thrive, and begin to heal itself.
- I am informed by ancestral nutritional practices popularized by Dr. Weston A. Price as well as a wide variety of theories related to nervous system health such as polyvagal theory, mindfulness, sensorimotor psychotherapy, and Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride’s work on the GAPS diet.
- I believe deeply in bio-individuality. That is, no two people are exactly alike and the same tools will not work for everyone. Whether we are working on nutritional recommendations, daily routine changes, or stress management skills, I take the time to get to know each client as a complex person with unique needs.
- I work to be inclusive to a diverse range of marginalized identities who may be reluctant to participate in therapy or health coaching due to past negative experiences. I try to be aware of how experiences of systemic oppression may influence our work together. Racism, fatphobia, transphobia, and other social issues are all important factors in addressing your personal health and wellness journey.