What I provide…
I help people heal their brain and nervous system naturally. When our brain is inflamed and our nervous system is disregulated, it can manifest as
-Emotional disregulation/mood instability
-Anxiety and panic disorders
-Depression and low motivation
-Brain fog/cognitive issues
-Irritability and anger problems
-Child aggression and behavioral issues
…and more. In our work I can help you re-connect to your body, heal your brain, regulate your nervous system, and re-gain a sense of peace and calm.
Your nervous system is the great conductor of your mind body connection. My unique blend of holistic counseling will help you re regulate a chronically stressed and overloaded nervous system.
- Factors affecting the nervous system and brain health that we can address:
-Blood sugar regulation
-Other lifestyle practices to improve brain and nervous system health
- I believe in building a lifestyle as close in line to our ancestral heritage as possible. My focus is to help you create an environment in which your nervous system can feel safe, thrive, and begin to heal itself.
- I am a certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner informed by ancestral nutritional practices such as those popularized by Dr. Weston A. Price and Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride (GAPS diet). I use a variety of therapeutic dietary protocols as appropriate, including whole foods, pro metabolic, paleolithic, ketogenic, carnivore, gut resetting, hormone balancing and serotonin boosting diets. I am aware of dietary issues related to lectins, oxalates, histamines and other food compounds that may be effecting your brain and nervous system health.
- I utilize a wide variety of theories related to nervous system regulation such as polyvagal theory, mindfulness, sensorimotor psychotherapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy.
- I believe deeply in bio-individuality. That is, no two people are exactly alike and the same tools will not work for everyone. Whether we are working on nutritional recommendations, daily routine changes, or stress management skills, I take the time to get to know each client as a complex person with unique needs.
- I work to be inclusive to a diverse range of marginalized identities who may be reluctant to participate in therapy or health coaching due to past negative experiences. I try to be aware of how experiences of systemic oppression may influence our work together. Racism, fatphobia, transphobia, and other social issues are all important factors in addressing your personal health and wellness journey.